Top Tips for Boosting Your Brand Awareness on Amazon
Article by: Orca Pacific
As an Amazon seller, you’re likely aware of the tremendous competition on the platform and wonder how to stand out from the crowd. It can be challenging to justify advertising investments and marketing during tough economic times, but boosting your Amazon brand awareness is crucial with rising competition.
These tips will enable you to differentiate yourself from competitors, build trust with shoppers and increase visibility and revenue. Read on to discover how to take your Amazon business to the next level.
Five Practical Strategies to Help Elevate your Brand on Amazon During These Times:
- Use Amazon Brand Analytics to Boost Your Brand Awareness
- Analyze Your Competitors to Gain an Edge in Amazon Brand Awareness
- Create Compelling Enhanced Brand Content for Better Amazon Brand Awareness
- Amplify Your Amazon Brand Awareness with Sponsored Ads
- Establish Trust and Build Loyalty for Stronger Amazon Brand Awareness
1. Use Amazon Brand Analytics to Boost Your Brand Awareness
Amazon’s Brand Analytics is a free tool available to registered brands that provides valuable insights into customer search terms, shopping behavior, and competitor information. By using this tool, you can gain insights into how customers search for products in your category, which can help you optimize your product listings and target your advertising more effectively.
- Understand customer behavior: Amazon Brand Analytics provides insights into how customers interact with products in your category, including click-through rates, conversion rates, and other engagement metrics. By analyzing this data, you can better understand customer behavior and make informed decisions about product positioning, pricing, and other aspects of the sales strategy.
Tip: Leverage the “Repeat Purchase Behavior” tab, which shows how frequently customers repurchase your products, providing insights into customer loyalty and satisfaction. By identifying areas where customers may not be repurchasing as frequently as you’d like, you can improve your product quality, packaging, and customer service to build stronger customer loyalty.
- Strategize targeted advertising: Amazon Brand Analytics can help you create targeted advertising campaigns based on high-volume search terms and customer behavior. By using this data to create highly relevant and targeted ads, you can increase the visibility of your products and drive more traffic to your product listings.
Tip: Utilize the “Customer Demographics” tab that provides insights into the age and gender of your customers, allowing you to tailor your advertising campaigns and product descriptions to appeal to these groups. This can be especially useful if you’re trying to reach a specific demographic with your product.
- Identify new product opportunities: By analyzing Brand Analytics data, you can identify new product opportunities and expand your product line to appeal to your existing customer base.
Tip: Use the “Market Basket Analysis” feature in Amazon’s Brand Analytics to gain insight into what other products shoppers are buying along with your products.
💡 Amazon’s Brand Analytics can provide valuable insights into customer behavior on the platform, but it’s important to remember that it only tells part of the story.
In addition to Amazon Brand Analytics, use external data sources, such as social media analytics, market research, and customer surveys, to gain a deeper understanding of your customers’ needs. This can help you create more effective advertising campaigns and product listings.
2. Analyze Your Competitors to Gain an Edge
To differentiate yourself from your competitors, you need to know who they are and what they offer. Research your competitors and analyze their product listings, pricing strategies, and customer reviews. This will allow you to identify gaps in the market and find opportunities to differentiate your brand.
For example, if your competitor offers a similar product at a lower price point, consider offering additional features or benefits to justify a higher price. Additionally, suppose your competitor has consistent negative feedback about a particular aspect of their product. In that case, you should ensure that your product does not have the same issue and highlight this in your product listings.
3. Create Compelling Enhanced Brand Content
To take your content one step further, Enhanced Brand Content allows you to create custom product descriptions and images that better showcase your brand and products. This feature is available to sellers in the Amazon Brand Registry program and will help your product stand out in search results with more robust and customized product information.
- Tell a story: Use Enhanced Content to tell a story that showcases your brand’s personality, values, and unique selling points. Consider using a mix of text, images, and videos to engage your audience and provide a memorable and informative shopping experience.
- Focus on benefits: Instead of simply describing your product’s features, focus on the benefits it provides to customers. For example, if you’re selling a kitchen gadget, don’t just list its functions – highlight how it can make cooking easier, save time, and improve the overall cooking experience.
- Use high-quality visuals: The visuals you use in your Enhanced Content can make or break your success on Amazon. Use high-quality, well-lit, in-focus images and videos to showcase your product from multiple angles. Also, consider using lifestyle images that show your product in use to help customers envision how it can fit into their lives.
- Keep it scannable: Most Amazon shoppers skim product pages, so keeping your Enhanced Content scannable is essential. Use bullet points, subheadings, and short paragraphs to break up your text and make it easier to read and understand.
- Include a call-to-action (CTA): Include a clear and compelling CTA in your Enhanced Content to encourage customers to take action. For example, if you’re selling a skincare product, you could encourage customers to “Get glowing skin today!” or “Transform your skin with our revolutionary formula.”
- Test and iterate: Finally, testing and iterating your Enhanced Content is essential to see what works best for your brand and audience. Try different layouts, images, and copy to see what resonates with customers and drives conversions.
4. Amplify Your Brand with Sponsored Ads
Amazon Advertising can increase the visibility of your products and drive traffic to your product listings. There are several Amazon advertising types to consider, including Sponsored Products, Sponsored Brands, and Sponsored Display ads.
- Sponsored Products ads appear in search results and product detail pages, increasing your product visibility. You only pay when a shopper clicks on your ad.
Example: Suppose you’re selling organic skincare products and want to increase the visibility of your facial moisturizer. You could create a Sponsored Products ad that targets customers searching for “organic facial moisturizers” or “natural face creams.” This would increase the likelihood that your product appears at the top of search results, increasing visibility and driving sales.
- Sponsored Brands ads show up at the top of search results and can include your logo, custom headlines, and multiple products. You only pay when a shopper clicks on your ad.
Example: Suppose you’re selling yoga mats on Amazon. You can use Sponsored Brands ads to increase your brand awareness by featuring your unique logo and messaging at the top of the search results page. With Sponsored Brands ads, you can also promote your latest product line and feature multiple products in the same ad, increasing the chances of customers discovering and purchasing your products.
- Sponsored Brand Videos appear halfway down the first page of search result and on additional search result pages, featuring your logo, custom messaging, and multiple products in action. You only pay when a shopper clicks on your ad to view your video.
Example: Suppose you’re selling wireless headphones on Amazon. With Sponsored Brand Videos, you can showcase your headphones’ features and benefits in a visually engaging way, capturing shoppers’ attention and interest. By featuring multiple headphones in the same video ad, you can also increase the chances of customers discovering and purchasing your products.
- Sponsored Display ads can appear on and off Amazon, including on competitor product pages. They can consist of your brand logo, videos, images, and custom headlines and are great for being defensive and cross-selling other products. You only pay when a shopper clicks on your ad.
Example: Suppose you sell hiking boots and want to increase sales to customers who have shown interest in outdoor gear but have yet to purchase from your brand. You could create a Sponsored Display ad targeting shoppers recently viewing similar hiking boots on Amazon. This would allow you to retarget potential customers and remind them of your brand. Additionally, you could add a personalized message or promotion to your ad to incentivize shoppers to choose your brand over others.
5. Establish Trust and Build Loyalty for Stronger Amazon Brand Awareness
Lastly, building customer trust and loyalty is vital to building brand awareness and driving sales on Amazon. It’s important to note that product reviews are essential for building trust with potential shoppers, especially because Amazon prioritizes products with high customer ratings and a higher number of reviews.
Here are a few ways to build trust and loyalty with your customers:
- Emphasize your brand values: Highlight your brand’s values, such as social responsibility and sustainability, in your product descriptions and graphics. This can appeal to customers who prioritize these values and help build a loyal customer base.
- Encourage customer feedback: Follow up with customers after purchase and request feedback for improvements. Positive reviews can help build trust in your brand while addressing negative reviews can help you improve your products and services.
- Be transparent: Clearly communicate your product features, pricing, and shipping details. Don’t hide any fees or costs, and be honest about any potential issues with your products.
- Offer promotions and discounts: Providing exclusive deals or promotions to customers can help build loyalty and encourage repeat purchases.
- Provide accurate product information: Ensure your product descriptions and images accurately reflect your products, so shoppers know what to expect. Providing accurate information can help build trust in your brand.
- Consider offering guarantees: Offering guarantees or warranties can reassure customers that they’re making a good purchase and can build trust in your brand.
- Provide excellent customer service: Promptly respond to customer inquiries and resolve any issues they may have.
Selling on Amazon can be challenging due to the high level of competition, but a strong brand identity is critical to stand out from the crowd. By following the five practical strategies shared in this piece, you can differentiate yourself from competitors, build trust with shoppers, increase visibility, and boost revenue.
From using Amazon Brand Analytics to gain valuable insights to creating compelling Enhanced Brand Content, there are numerous tactics you can use to increase your Amazon brand awareness. If you’re looking to take your Amazon business to the next level, 🚀 implement these tips and watch your brand soar.