Top eCommerce Resources for 2020
Article by: John L. Ghiorso
Keeping up with Amazon is a full time job. Breaking news and developing trends come and go every day, making it imperative for eCommerce professionals to stay in the loop. That’s why I’ve put together this list of my favorite eCommerce resources. These podcasts, blogs, newsletters, videos, and books are ideal for busy people looking to deepen their knowledge of the eCommerce world.
- Day One – Amazon’s blog covering everything from new Amazon initiatives to the eCommerce giant’s work culture and community impact.
- TWICE – “Twice magazine is a leading B2B brand serving the consumer electronics industry. Printed 20+ times a year, TWICE meets the information needs of retailers, distributors and manufacturing representatives in the consumer electronics and major appliance industries.”
- Out for Delivery – “Get the latest news from Amazon, top stories you may have missed, and Editor’s picks delivered right to your inbox.”
- OP Learning Portal – “Orca Pacific’s team of eCommerce thought leaders and former Amazonians share tactical advice and strategic insights in regular blog articles, whitepapers, videos and more.”
- Digiday – “Digiday, a division of Digiday Media, takes a global view of the media and marketing industries and confronts the truths in technology’s disruption of these industries.”
- Eye On Retail – “Eye on Retail is your #1 source for big box retail news featuring the stories, earnings announcements and executive presentations that are often overlooked on mainstream sites.”
- eMarketer – “Daily briefing on digital marketing and media trends. Data-driven and timely for decision makers who need to keep up with the shifting media and marketing landscape.”
- Orca Pacific Newsletter – Receive regular updates on new and thought-leading blog posts, news articles, and videos designed to help you grow your business on Amazon.
- Modern Retail – “Get news and analysis covering the Amazon era, the evolution of direct-to-consumer brands, the shifting dynamics between retail’s old and new guards and much more.”
- eCommerce Brain Trust – “The Ecommerce Braintrust podcast gives you access to the world’s best brains when it comes to building momentum online for established consumer brands.”
- Follow the Data – “Follow the Data is a podcast for eCommerce sellers exploring the depths of the ever-expanding Amazon marketplace.”
- Jason and Scott Show – “A weekly podcast about the e-commerce industry. Featuring interviews with industry leaders, deep dives into key topics, and timely news.”
- Serious Sellers Podcast – “Join host Bradley Sutton as he puts together top industry experts, the latest trends, and rock-solid advice.”
- The Everything Store – “The definitive story of Amazon.com, one of the most successful companies in the world, and of its driven, brilliant founder, Jeff Bezos.”
- Conscious Capitalism – “In this New York Times and Wall Street Journal best seller, Whole Foods Market cofounder John Mackey and professor and Conscious Capitalism, Inc. cofounder Raj Sisodia argue for the inherent good of both business and capitalism. “
- The Third Wave – “The cofounder of America Online and the presidential ambassador for global entrepreneurship shares a road map to success for future innovators.”
- Alibaba’s World – “In Alibaba’s World, author Porter Erisman shows how Jack Ma, a Chinese schoolteacher who twice failed his college entrance exams, rose from obscurity to found Alibaba and lead it from struggling startup to the world’s most dominant ecommerce player.”
- Delivery in Happiness – “In Delivering Happiness, Zappos CEO Tony Hsieh shares the different lessons he has learned in business and life, from starting a worm farm to running a pizza business, through LinkExchange, Zappos, and more.”